Monday, October 24, 2016

The Party Place

 If you are in direct sales or have ever hosted a direct sales party you know that having a great place to hold those parties are a large part of the success of that party.  I have a large open floor plan home that is great for hosting parties, however I live outside of town and many of my friends find it a bit daunting to have to drive all the way out to where I am.  Bummer.  I decided that I needed a more centrally located place to hold/attend parties that allowed for easier access to people who live on the opposite side of town from me.  As you may know or have read about in an earlier post I have opened a craft booth at a friend's store in our wonderful downtown area.  The back room of this super cute little multi-vendor venue shop wasn't being utilized,  well wasn't being utilized for anything other than storage and spider housing, yuck.  I decided to spruce up the place and put this great little space to work for myself and my fellow vendors.  

Before



I really wish that I had gotten a before, before picture.  Before I cleaned it and before it was emptied of it's many contents- when it was used to house tables, chairs, shelves, old doors, antiques, and lots and lots of dust, dirt and grime!  It was a hot mess but had great potential.  After the owner of our building cleared out his furniture and antiques I got busy cleaning.  Oh my word at the dust!  I swept 4 dust pans full to bursting with nothing but dirt/dust.  I was sneezing like a Disney dwarf!  After I had most of the yuck swept and wiped away I got busy painting.  My fearless leader Peggy had some leftover paint from when we had painted the interior walls of the store and I used it to help breathe some life back into these old, cracked plaster walls.  It really lightened the space and helped it seem larger.  

After

I hung a curtain panel over the exposed conduit to help hide the eye sore while leaving it readily accessible.  Add a few paper poms and some festive table covers and VOILA! The party place is now readily available for myself and the other vendors in our quaint little shop to use for whatever types of parties, classes or small gatherings that they may be doing.  I held a Chalky & Company party there last weekend and it was great.  I can't wait to hold/attend more events in "The Party Place".




Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment