Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Man Cave Barnwood Wall

After working in the shop for several hours the hubby and I sat down on his couch for a short break.  He looked around at the lower section of walls and said that he wished he would have had the construction company complete the drywall when they erected the shop because now it will never get finished.  No time, no money, no know how, etc.  I said, "Why don't we do a pallet wall?"  He gave me one of those "honey have you hit your head or lost your mind?" looks.  I said, "No. Really.  It is easy to do and will look great.  We can use some of the tongue and groove boards from my pile of barn wood."  It took a little convincing but he went for it.  We started pulling wood from the pile, blowing off the snow, dirt, leaves and 100+ years worth of grime and pulled the nails that were left behind.  After only a few hours of work that night we had about 1/2 of the wall PL Premiumed, mounted, leveled, and nailed.


We went to bed for the night and finished up the rest of the wall the next morning.  We then did the small section of wall to the right of the man door too.  



Then we started hanging the man cave decor.  We started with a Chippewa Tires sign that I found in my grandmother's garage in Minnesota and that my awesome Uncle Jeff let me take home (about 8 years ago haha).  Then we added all of the framed Tool and Puscifer posters that my handy hubby has been collecting for years.  He then needed a shelf to hold his satellite DVR box- yes there is tv with satellite and DVR in the man cave.  He is spoiled.  I came up with the idea of an industrial type floating shelf made with pipe and pipe fittings.  A trip to the Home Depot (or was it Lowes? I can't remember) and we were set... except for the few fittings we forgot and the extra pipes we needed to make the shelf taller because the hubs changed his mind.  So... a second quick trip to the local Co-Op and then we were in business!  I stained 2 redwood pieces to make the shelves and the hubby assembled all of his pipe and fittings.  The next morning Caity and daddy mounted the shelf to the wall and set up the DVR box.  They made a few picture/poster re-arrangent adjustments and VOILA!  Man cave pallet wall complete!

 

If you have a wall that is lacking in drywall or that you just want to add a rustic look to this is a great option.  Contact me for information or a quote! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment