Monday, March 6, 2017

Paper Dahlias


Hello friends! My latest (indoor) project was this large paper Dahlia.  We had a windy weekend so I spent my time inside the house creating this little beauty.  I love how it turned out!  I also love how easy it was!  I loved it so much that I am offering a class at the store in just 2 weeks to make them!  Learn more here

Step 1:  Cut out a cardboard backing for the flower from scrap cardboard.  I had a few boxes in the garage and just cut it from that. I used my protractor to draw my circle as well as some interior circles as guide lines.  



Step 2: This part was surprisingly hard for me but I made it through.  Tear out your book pages.


Step 3: Roll up the book pages and start gluing!  I placed 4 pages at each "corner" (yes I KNOW circles don't have corners but you know what I mean!) as guides to help keep the line going straight.  



Step 4:  Keep on gluing!  I then just filled in the center pf the flower.  Roll, glue and repeat until complete. 


I hung this guy up in our master bedroom and he looks great on our gray (or is it grey?) walls. 



Join me at the store on March 24th at 6:00pm to make your own! All materials and supplies provided.  Cost is just $20 per person and room is limited so RSVP to me by March 22nd. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment