Saturday, November 5, 2016

Fall Decor


I love this time of year.  I love the fallen leaves, cooler weather, holidays spent with friends and families and pumpkin spice... everything.   I also love love love decorating for Halloween, Fall, Thanksgiving and then Christmas! October through January is a continual setting up and taking down of seasonal decor at my house.  I have just taken down my Halloween decor and now I am setting up my fall/Thanksgiving decor.  I wanted something wide to place in the center of my entry-way table that was festive.  This is what I came up with and I am kind-of in love with it!  I love making pumpkins that aren't traditional round pumpkins and these fit the criteria.  

I started off by simply cutting the wood to size and painting.  I painted the pumpkins orange and the base and stems brown.  Easy peasy.   Then,  I used my favorite product, Jacobean wax, to give them an antiqued look. 

No antiquing wax used. 

Far right with antiquing wax.


Next, I stenciled on the word Fall with black paint.  After that I attached the pumpkins to the base with wood glue and nails.  Then I drilled into the top of each pumpkin and glued in their stems. 


Finally, I glued on a few leaves to complete the pumpkin look.  LOVE! 


This piece really completes the look that I was going for in my entryway and makes the table look so much fuller.  Happy Dance!  I have one available for purchase in our store and it would look great in your home! 

I also have these great fall decor pieces available:







Crafts & More 558 Main Street in GJ.  Open Monday - Saturday 9a-6p.  There are 16+ vendors in the store all the time.  Come support local vendors- we appreciate every purchase! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 









No comments:

Post a Comment