Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Metal Painting Class


I recently had the opportunity to attend a Metal Effects Painting Class given by my friend and co-vendor at the store, Cindy.  It was amazing!  She lets us paint with copper, bronze and iron and use different rusting agents on them to cause different patinas and aging effects.  There were 3 students including myself and we all painted the same 4 things and they all turned out completely different.  I love that!  

When we arrived Cindy had our items painted with primer and all of our brushes and materials set out for us. 


We started by painting our JOY letters.  Everyone painted each letter with a different metal.  I painted my J bronze, the Star copper and my Y with iron.

Next we added the rusting agents.  We could use blue, green or rust on each piece.  I did mostly blue with a bit of green on my J, a mix of blue and green on my star and just rust on the Y (it had't started to turn yet in this picture).


We painted the rest of our items in the same fashion.  Metal then rusting agents.  We let them all dry and then added some iron to each and put the rust on the iron spots.  



This class only took about 3 hours and I walked away with 4 great one of a kind home decor items.  I love the way each piece turned out and can hardly wait for Thanksgiving to pass so that I can put them out with my Christmas decor!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment